Women's Weekend / Oct. 22-24 / Goddess Archetypes & the Human Connection
Dr. Thecla Helmbrecht Howard and her herd and wonderful volunteer staff at Kamp Kessa are offering you an opportunity to see yourself through the divine mirror of the horse.
During this immersive weekend on the farm, you will participate in circle, herd art and journaling, riding the beautiful hills of Kentucky and develop a better understanding of the way horses are our souls reflection and healers in the field of complementary medicine.
There are certain times in life when a single concept comes to you over and over again as if to say, “Here is something to pay attention to!” It can come to you in a way that is personal to your collective experience or prior knowledge, and may not make sense to others but strikes a chord deep within your subconscious that causes you to tilt your head slightly as if listening to a far off sound that catches your attention yet you struggle to hear it. The word “resonate” comes to mind. If you are on a seeker’s path, the horse may resonate with you as the embodiment of desire and will of one’s life. The archetype of the horse comes up throughout history as a metaphor for the psyche. They have evolved side by side with humans, and we have created a very unique relationship with them. It may be that they represent this idea of abandon and wild freedom while at the same time something we try to control. As we take a walk through history through the lens of the horse archetype, see what resonates with you, and how the horse might be part of our journey of self-discovery.
--- Blair McCossock
- Arrive Friday Oct 22, 5pm
- Weekend Closes Sunday Oct 24, 4pm
- Structured time - 9am-3pm daily
- Cost $175 / per person / All inclusive (lodging, rides, supplies, etc)
- Food - potluck, will cooridinate closer to weekend
- Lodging / Shared cabin space, shared bath house or rustic camping
- Bring musical instrument for circling around fire!
- Members - weekend included, except food.
- More info on What to Bring to Kamp
- Be sure to follow us on Instagram - @kampkessa
- More on horses & archetypes