Women's Weekend / Aug. 27-28 / Equine-imity: Emotional Self Regulation & Mind Revitalization
Dr. Thecla Helmbrecht Howard and her herd and wonderful volunteer staff at Kamp Kessa are offering you an opportunity to see yourself through the divine mirror of the horse.
During this immersive weekend on the farm, you will participate in circle, herd art and journaling, riding the beautiful hills of Kentucky and develop a better understanding of the way horses are our souls reflection and healers in the field of complementary medicine.
Weekend Agenda Equine-imity: Emotional Self Regulation & Mind Revitalization
- A reappraisal of the human body as beautiful no matter what its size or shape
- Horses as models of embodiment and teachers of physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Stories of horses healing humans
8am to 9 - Arrival Time
9am - Step into Circle
Off to the pasture with Yoga/comfortable pants & appropriate footwear
-- Learning the practice of Wu Dian Jin
Break and Lunch
Early Evening Ride or 1:1 time with your horse (time tbd)
Supper (time tbd)
7pm - Campfire and/or bodywork demonstrations
8am to 9 - Breakfast
9am - Back in Circle
-- Carl Jung and horses: Reviewing the functions of intellect, emotions, sensation (somatic) and intuition.
11am to 2pm - Intuitive Trail Ride with Soulful Intention
2pm - Pot Luck meal
2:30pm to 3:30 - Closing Circle
An invitation: bodyworkers willing to do a 15 minute demonstration will receive a $25 discount for the weekend. You must sign up by Aug 20th to be considered for this
Text Dr. Helmbrecht -Howard at 502-376-4367 for consideration. It is also an excellent marketing opportunity for participants!
- Optional: Arrive Friday August 26, 5pm (dinner on your own)
- Weekend Opens Saturday Aug 27, 9am
- Weekend Closes Sunday Aug 28, 3pm
- Structured time - 9am-3pm daily
- Cost $175 / per person / All inclusive (lodging, rides, supplies, etc)
- Food - potluck, will coordinate closer to weekend
- Lodging / Shared cabin space, shared bath house or rustic camping
- Bring musical instrument for circling around fire!
- Members - weekend included, except food.
- More info on What to Bring to Kamp
- Be sure to follow us on Instagram - @kampkessa